Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I purchased the scooter today!

After deciding to buy the scooter for my business idea, the owner and I had to coordinate our schedules. Today was the first day I was able to meet up with him. He had offered to deliver it, but had just bought a topper for his truck and the scooter would not fit.

I thought the scooter would fit in our van but when I went out to check it out, I decided that if it fit, it would be a very tight fit. Hoping for the best, I headed out to pick the scooter up.

When I got there, the owner rode the scooter to the van and I caught a whiff of that two stroke exhaust. That smell instantly transports me back to the 70's and watching my two older brothers ride up or ride away ontheir dirt bikes.

And that sound. I had no idea the sound of a two stroke engine would make such an impression but it is seriously awesome. I had read a while ago from Skurtergruven (too bad he doesn't update anymore) about how fun his new 110cc two stroke was. Now I know.

The scooter needs a little work, but nothing serious, so far. Hopefully when I do some maintenance this weekend, I won't find anything but I'm optimistic I won't.

It runs pretty well, actually, it was a suprise how quickly it carried me. It got up to 35mph (indicated) in no time and had plenty of throttle left. It stops excellently, so the brakes are fine. The guages work, they have really cool indiglo needles, very cool.

So, no pictures tonight, but I will take many tomorrow. Then this weekend, after I get some work done to it, we will see how well it cleans up. Then it's off to craigslist.....at quite a bit more than the $120 I paid for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment